Acceptable User Policy
This PubPub Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is made a part of and is subject to the applicable Terms of Service (“Agreement”) between you and PubPub. Capitalized terms herein have the same meaning as set forth in the Agreement. We may update these policies from time to time.
The purpose of the AUP is to help you understand how to use the Site. You must abide by the policies described here, and if you fail to do so, we may immediately terminate and remove your account and Community or limit your access to it. We may also establish policies regarding your Community, such as how long your Community content will be retained on the Site. We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content.
Your use of the Site includes the use of features that allow you or others to contribute User-Generated Content. The Site, Third Party Publishers, and Communities may solicit and publish User-Generated Content through blogs, video postings, and chat features, among other forums.
You agree not to, and not to allow third parties to use the Site:
- To make comments that are threatening, knowingly false, or unlawful; or to engage in or promote harassment, hate, violence, discrimination or personal attacks;
- To impersonate any person or entity or create a false identity on the Site; you are free to use a pseudonym, including to parody others, but you may not pretend to actually be another person or company or undertake actions that would cause confusion between you, your Community, other Communities, or any other company or person.
- To harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of the Site;
- To disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, advertisements, solicitations, or other unsolicited commercial communications, including (but not limited to) communications describing investment opportunities;
- To post material that infringes a copyright, trademark or patent right, trade secret, privacy, publicity or other legal right of any person or any corporation, institution, or other entity;
- To knowingly disseminate or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, defects, date bombs, time bombs, hoaxes, corrupted files, malware, ransomware, spyware, or other items of a destructive nature or any other malicious code or program;
- To knowingly carry out any action with the intent or effect of disrupting other users’ experience of the Site, such as intentionally causing a chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or deploying macros with large amounts of text for the purpose of disrupting the normal flow of user chats.
- To access or use the Site in any manner that could damage or overburden any of our servers, or any network connected to any of our servers.
- To use the Site or take any action in any manner that would interfere with any other party’s use of or circumvents any aspect of the Site;
- To not implement any measures to circumvent us blocking you from accessing the Site;
You agree that any use of the Site or the Site’s content other than as specifically authorized in this AUP is strictly prohibited.